Monday, October 16, 2023

Thoughts While Playing Tennis With My Son Who Prefers to be Called Yeti

I took this picture next to the gate of the Tennis center

THEY SAY THAT the prospect of being hanged in the morning concentrates a man’s mind wonderfully; unfortunately, what the mind inevitably concentrates on is that, in the morning, it will be in a body that is going to be hanged.

Pratchett, Terry. Going Postal: A Novel of Discworld (p. 13). HarperCollins. Kindle Edition.


Last Wednesday, October 11th, was my 53rd birthday. Around 2:30 PM I took my son who prefers to be called Yeti, and we went to play Tennis in the Ma'alot Tennis center, which is a five minute car ride from where we live.

Here are a few thoughts I had while playing:

I wonder if the bank will approve my loan. My wife said they probably will, but it's alread 2:30, and for one time only, because of The Situation they are open until 3, but they didn't call until now. it could be funny if they called now, while I'm playing here with Yeti, and I won't be able to hear them.

Last time we played for 25 minutes, so this time we should play for at least 30 minutes. I'll leave the phone on this bench, and I hope I will guess right.

I wonder if there will be a siren because of rockets, So far there was no siren. If there is going to be one, how long do we have anyway? We are only about ten miles from the Lebanese border, how long does it take a rocket to traverse 10 miles? Where should we run to? I think it makes sense to run to the 'Patissier Cafe' that is really close, but they are closed, and I don't know where we should hide. Oh, probably next to the southern wall.

The kids from the Tennis school will probably not come by today. This is a good thing, because Yeti does not like to practice next to  other children, he is shy that way.

He really improved, we already got to a streak of three strokes.

Oh, I didn't teach him anything about the Backhand stroke. Now is probably not the right time for that, it will only stress him out more.

I wonder if there will be a siren because of rockets, So far there was no siren. If there is going to be one, how long do we have anyway? We are only about ten miles from the Lebanese border, how long does it take a rocket to traverse 10 miles? Where should we run to? I think it makes sense to run to the 'Patissier Cafe' that is really close, but they are closed, and I don't know where we should hide. Oh, probably next to the southern wall.

I can't believe no one fron the Tennis school showed up. This is such a nice Tennis court, not at all like the one we used to play on during COVID times in Be'er Sheva in the South. There we had to go through the fence, and I once completely ripped my shirt.

Well, enough strokes on the court, we need to go practice at the wall.

I can't believe he hit it so high. Now he needs to go all the way around. 

Luckily there was no alarm while he went to bring it from all the way around.

We must have played enough. Oh, it was exactly 30 minutes.

The bank never called. My loan must not have been approved.



This picture I also took next to the gate of the Tennis center

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nahariya Then and Now

Copilot in Windows says about Nahariya:  Nahariya: A Charming Coastal City in Northern Israel  If you are looking for a relaxing and sceni...